Our people are our greatest asset. As an organisation we seek to recruit and retain highly motivated and professional staff members dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care.
Working with us means working for a progressive, community minded, service orientated organisation that is proud of the unique role it plays in people’s lives.
While we provide a diverse range of career opportunities, both at a corporate and operational level, vacancies are limited. General enquiries regarding careers with the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority can be forwarded to the People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governance Office - Part-Time, 12-Month Contract;
Adelaide Cemeteries has a career opportunity for a part-time Governance Officer within our People and Culture Team, for a contract term of up to a one year.
Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, this role is primarily responsible for the expert analysis and conduct of business governance and compliance requirements and systems. The role delivers governance and compliance services that ensure compliance Adelaide Cemeteries policies, procedures and standards and adhere to broader legislative government standards. The role delivers specialised and technical advice related to policies and governance to board, management and staff.
If values such as Fair, Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest appeal to you and genuinely want to contribute to building a safe and sustainable workplace, then we could be the right organisation for you.
We are looking for someone who has the skills, experience and aptitude to successfully deliver the following:
- The CEO and Board are provided with prompt, professional governance and policy advice.
- Effective planning and preparation for Adelaide Cemeteries Authority Board and Committee meetings, including research and preparation of briefing papers and complex correspondence, as required.
- Governance support and advice is provided to Board/Committee members and Executive Management Team.
- Efficient and proactive processes are in place to assist delivery of effective CEO and Board communications, Ministerial responses, CEO correspondence, Board/Committee meetings, Executive Management Team meetings and other committees and forums
- Efficient and effective processes are in place to prepare and manage the workflow of policy and procedure reviews in collaboration with internal policy-owners, using electronic based software systems.
- Proficient management of all policy and procedure documentation.
- Compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, State Government Guidelines, Circulars and Instructions, and with WHS and Environmental legislation.