Our people are our greatest asset. As an organisation we seek to recruit and retain highly motivated and professional staff members dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care.
Working with us means working for a progressive, community minded, service orientated organisation that is proud of the unique role it plays in people’s lives.
While we provide a diverse range of career opportunities, both at a corporate and operational level, vacancies are limited. General enquiries regarding careers with the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority can be forwarded to the People and Culture team at email@example.com.
Assistant Irrigation Technician
Adelaide Cemeteries Authority manages four iconic South Australian cemeteries, providing a wide range of services and products in a caring and sensitive environment.
The successful applicant will report to Project Officer, Horticulture and be a key member of our Horticulture Team.
The role will require assignment to horticulture projects and related irrigation implementation and upgrades.. There will be a requirement to work collaboratively and impart knowledge with site team members. Some empathy is required in order to deliver irrigation projects in a sensitive cemetery environment.
- Flexible, positive attitude and team work ethic
- Experience and working knowledge of Rainbird or similar commercial irrigation systems
- Achievement of Certificate 3 in Irrigation, Horticulture or similar
- Experience in landscaping, planting, arboriculture and/or turf management
- Ability to plan, implement and maintain effective garden and grounds maintenance plans within a team environment.
This is a full-time role offered on a 3-year contract.
Please review the Job and Person Specification here
Please contact People and Culture on 8139 7434 if you have any questions.
No agency calls please.
Applications may be submitted by:
Via the SEEK website
Or by post to the Project Officer, Horticulture, PO Box 294, Enfield Plaza SA 5085.
Closed to applications at 9 am, Monday, 30 December 2019.
Cemetery Team Member (Grave Digger)
Full Time (3 year contract)
Adelaide Cemeteries Authority is the leading provider of cemetery services in South Australia. The organisation provides for the administration and maintenance of sites across the Adelaide Metropolitan area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and customer-focused Cemetery Team Member with the potential to work across all four sites with teams at Cheltenham Cemetery, Enfield Memorial Park, West Terrace Cemetery and Smithfield Memorial Park.
You will be passionate about working outdoors and enjoy using a diverse range of modern plant machinery while taking pride in maintaining our cemeteries and parks. Empathy is required to support and interact positively with our diverse clients while providing sensitive and innovative cemetery services.
Duties will vary, including, machine operations, digging and filling graves, customer service and related support activities which will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of our business.
Qualifications are not essential although applicants holding relevant trade licences and safety training are preferred. Adelaide Cemeteries Authority offers on-going training and development.
This is a full-time role offered on a 3 year contract.
Applications may be submitted by post to Cemeteries Coordinator, Enfield Memorial Park, PO Box 294, Enfield Plaza SA 5085.
Adelaide Cemeteries Authority is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and CALD backgrounds.
Join our Volunteers
Our volunteers are an important part of what makes the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority experience unique and memorable. For years, volunteers have served as hosts, tour guides, research assistants and even photographers.
- Tour guides host our award-winning West Terrace Cemetery tours, answering questions, researching and working with actors and artists.
- Education and special interest group hosts welcome, assist and inform school groups and other groups visiting the cemetery.
- Our volunteer research assistants research and write material pertaining to the cemetery as well as adding to and maintaining our central information database.
- Exhibition and event attendants assist at special Authority events such as Mother’s Day and Remembrance Day as well as Death over Dinner and Life over Lunch.
- Our volunteer photographers document headstones in West Terrace Cemetery as well as maintaining a central database.
Volunteering can be done on both a short-term and long term basis. Should you wish to learn more about volunteering with the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority, Contact Us and we will be in touch to discuss the skills you have to offer and any opportunities available.
Alternatively, you might simply wish to follow the links below: